Executive Health Program
Wellmont Health System’s Executive Health Program, which is part of Wellmont’s Business Health Solutions, is designed for businesses and business leaders who are interested in proactively managing their health status with the goal of overall health and wellness. For corporate clients, the Executive Health Program provides a means of demonstrating a commitment to health care and wellness, while minimizing productivity loss for high-level employees.
Why choose Wellmont’s Executive Health Program?
Wellmont's Executive Health Program, comprised of technologically advanced medical screenings and a personal healthcare consultation, is much more comprehensive than a typical physical examination. The components of the Executive Health Program cover most major body systems and particularly evaluate critical areas such as heart health and risk assessment. And the Executive Health Program is designed to allow busy executives and leaders to complete that full range of essential screenings in one convenient visit. Through the Executive Health Program, a broad range of tests that might typically be conducted over multiple days or weeks can often be accomplished in only a few hours. Scheduling assistance and escort services ensure access to Executive Health Program testing is seamless and wait times are minimal.
The Executive Health Program also helps ensure that participants understand their test results and provides seamless access to specialists for services outside the program or referrals for additional tests and consultations.
Wellmont recognizes that every business – and every business executive – is different, and that means they can have very different needs. Wellmont's Business Health Solutions offers three Executive Health Program levels for maximum flexibility, allowing executives to help drive the decisions regarding their levels of screening and care. Members can choose from three Executive Health Program levels – the Essential Program, the Premium Program or the Platinum Program.
Essential Executive Health Program
Wellmont is committed to providing personalized attention and the best possible levels of service and convenience for members of its Essential Program. In order to maintain this commitment, Wellmont requires Essential Program visits to be scheduled at least two weeks in advance. The Essential Program includes the following elements.
Comprehensive lab assessments
- Urinalysis to detect kidney disease or infection
- Complete blood count with differential to detect anemia, blood diseases or infection
- Comprehensive metabolic profile – a complete chemistry panel to detect kidney disease, diabetes or liver disease
- Lipid panel to profile blood cholesterol levels
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone to detect abnormal thyroid
- C-reactive protein to help assess risk for coronary artery disease
- Prostate-specific antigen to detect prostate cancer or prostate enlargement in males greater than 40 years of age
- Vitamin D testing to determine blood levels of calcium and phosphorus
- Total testosterone level testing, which plays a key role in health and well-being and osteoporosis for men
- CA 125 to detect any markers for ovarian cancer in women
- EKG to screen for heart conditions, including irregular rhythms, damaged heart muscle, enlargement of the heart, mineral imbalances or heart attack
- Bone density screening for osteoporosis in women at least 40 and men at least 60 years of age
- Pulmonary function test to detect respiratory health and function
- Carotid artery ultrasound to detect potential blockages
- Peripheral artery screening to determine effective blood flow and pulse rate comparison
- Chest X-ray to screen for spots on the lungs or other irregularities
- Digital mammogram for women
- Comprehensive traditional physical exam conducted by an executive health physician with review of medical history and gender and age-specific evaluations as needed
Consultations and results
- Detailed report and personal wellness profile with recommendations and referrals after the visit, sent to the executive and the primary care physician specified
- Access to a personal health liaison to review results and provide referrals
Premium Executive Health Program
Wellmont is committed to providing personalized attention and the best possible levels of service and convenience for members of its Premium Program. In order to maintain this commitment, Wellmont requires Premium Program visits to be scheduled at least two weeks in advance. The Premium Program includes the elements in the Essential Program as well as the following additional elements.
- 64-slice CT scan of the head, chest, abdomen and pelvis without contrast – a noninvasive and low-impact means of securing essential information about primary body functions and potential irregularities
- HeartSHAPE® coronary calcium score screening to detect potential plaque buildup and blockages, which are risk factors for a heart attack
- Scheduled follow-up call with a personal health liaison to review results, discuss referrals and provide scheduling assistance
Platinum Executive Health Program
Wellmont is committed to providing personalized attention and the best possible levels of service and convenience for members of its Platinum Program. In order to maintain this commitment, Wellmont requires Platinum Program visits to be scheduled at least one month in advance. The Platinum Program includes the elements in the Essential Program and Premium Program as well as the following additional elements.
- Location flexibility for lab work, tests and assessment pick-up
- Diet, fitness and lifestyle review on the day of the visit
- Hospitality package
- Same-day exit interview and summary consultation with an executive health physician to review lab and study results
- One full year of concierge services to help you navigate confidently through the healthcare experience at any Wellmont facility – including scheduling and referral assistance for hospital and physician visits, health consultation services from a personal health liaison, test result retrieval and interpretation services, medical billing counseling services and access to a host of personalized health information resources
Getting started with Wellmont’s Executive Health Program
Wellmont’s Executive Health Program offers a variety of options to meet the needs of today’s busy executive. If you are interested in proactively managing your health status or the health status of a leadership team, contact Wellmont’s Business Health Solutions experts today. Because having healthy executives makes good business sense.