Blue Distinction Centers for Cardiac Care®
Two Wellmont Health System facilities – Bristol Regional Medical Center and Holston Valley Medical Center – are among a prestigious group of fewer than 500 facilities across the United States designated as Blue Distinction Centers for Cardiac Care® by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
In fact, Bristol Regional and Holston Valley are leading the way as our region's only Blue Distinction Centers for Cardiac Care.
Blue Distinction Centers for Cardiac Care have demonstrated their commitment to quality care, resulting in better overall outcomes for cardiac patients. Each facility meets stringent clinical criteria, developed in collaboration with expert physicians' and medical organizations' recommendations, including the American College of Cardiology and The Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
» Blue Distinction Centers for Cardiac Care Web site
Blue Distinction Centers for Cardiac Care must meet and maintain rigorous standards for selection.
- Established cardiac care program performing required volumes of procedures
- Experienced cardiac team members, including subspecialty board certification for interventional cardiologists and cardiac surgeons
- Established acute care inpatient facility, including intensive care, emergency and a full range of cardiac services
- Full accreditation by a national organization as deemed by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Low overall complication and mortality rates
- Comprehensive quality management program