A significant part of the heart institute’s ongoing commitment to the highest levels of quality care for cardiac services includes continuing education offered through Cardiovascular University® (CVU).
CVU is a single portal designed to bridge the gap between cardiovascular healthcare professionals’ current and desired skill sets through solutions consisting of CME-accredited training programs and educational materials.
- Non-physician providers
- Healthcare administrators
- CT technicians
- Billing and coding specialists
- PVD intervention - carotid and peripheral
- Percutaneous intervention - radial and femoral
- Endoscopic vein harvesting
- Transmyocardial revascularization
- Endovenous laser treatment
- ASD/PFO closure
- Non-physician practitioner
- Proximal protection
- Multi-slice CT
- Cardiac MR
- Calcium scoring and heart attack prevention
- Billing and coding
- Allied health providers
If you are interested in learning more about the services and offerings available at CVU, please visit the Cardiovascular University® site or phone (423) 230-5088.
Partnering with the Level One Heart Attack Network
Emergency medical services providers across the Tri-Cities region of Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia are choosing to join the Wellmont CVA Heart Institute's Level One Heart Attack Network, offering increased speed and quality of care for heart attack patients.
Exceptional training for the program is available to EMS providers and emergency department staff members through the Wellmont CVA Heart Institute, and 12-lead EKG machines are available for ambulances through donations to the Wellmont Foundation.
Through its partnerships with local EMS providers, the Level One Heart Attack Network is helping save the lives of more heart attack patients faster, increasing their chances for a full recovery. Partner with us today, and bring your patients some of the fastest treatment for heart attacks available anywhere in our region.
Level One Heart Attack Network participating EMS agencies
- Abingdon Ambulance Service – five stations
- Bristol Lifesaving Crew
- Bristol TN Fire Department
- Chilhowie Ambulance Service – two stations
- Church Hill EMS
- Dante Rescue
- Dickenson County Ambulance Service – two stations
- Duffield Fire and Rescue
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Friendship Ambulance Service – two stations
- Greene County EMS
- Hawkins County EMS
- Lebanon Lifesaving Crew
- Lifecare Ambulance Service – two stations
- Med-Flight II
- Nickelsville Rescue Squad
- Norton Rescue
- Scott County Lifesaving Crew
- Sullivan County EMS – eight stations
- Washington County Fire and Rescue #1
- Washington County Virginia Lifesaving Crew
- WellmontOne Air Transport
- Wise Rescue
On-site presentations and additional information
The experts at the Wellmont CVA Heart Institute are available to speak to you and your staff about the Level One Heart Attack Network. To schedule a presentation with Dr. Chris Kennedy, Dr. Herb Ladley, Dr. Jerry Blackwell or another of our expert physicians, or to learn more about becoming a part of the Wellmont CVA Heart Institute's Level One Heart Attack Network, please call (423) 224-6529.