There are many good reasons to donate blood or platelets at Marsh Regional Blood Center. Throughout Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia, you can help make sure blood and blood products are available if you or someone you know needs them.
Did you know?
- Every 21 minutes, someone in our area needs a unit of blood.
- Approximately 32,000 units of blood are used each day in the United States.
- Roughly 60 percent of the population is eligible to donate blood; however only five percent currently do.
- Each time you give blood, you can help save as many as three lives.
- On average, 95 percent of people who live to age 72 will need a blood transfusion at some point during their lifetime.
We appreciate your donation.
As a small token of our appreciation for your gift of life, every donor receives complementary refreshments and a free t-shirt or other item after his or her donation.