Employees are among any company’s greatest resources, and keeping employees healthy is a critical component of good business. That is why Wellmont Health System’s Business Health Solutions program offers a robust set of business health services around occupational medicine. Helping maintain healthy and productive employees through accident and illness prevention and an emphasis on safety, Wellmont's Business Health Solutions and occupational medicine services are key partners for taking care of employees around the Tri-Cities region of Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
Why choose Wellmont for occupational medicine and employee safety?
Wellmont’s occupational medicine and health programs are staffed by experienced physicians, specially trained nurses, care managers and technicians who are committed to preventing health issues, restoring health when an illness or injury occurs and returning employees to work quickly and safely.
Wellmont offers a broad array of occupational health services and wellness services, including educational classes and health screenings.
- Pre-employment exams and employment physicals
- Drug and alcohol screenings, including hair and urine testing
- In-house certified medical review officer for drug screens
- OSHA compliance exams
- Audiometric testing
- Respirator clearance/certification questionnaires
- Silica, asbestos and lead surveillance
- Hazardous waste exposure testing
- Haz-mat exams
- Bloodborne pathogen exposure testing
- DOT exams
- Public service exams
- Insurance physicals
- Vaccinations and/or screenings (Influenza, tuberculosis, Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B)
- Visual screenings
- Functional capacity exams
- Physical therapy
- Worksite evaluations
Expert guidance and support
When an injury occurs at work, Wellmont’s occupational health experts can help guide businesses and employees through the workers’ compensation process. Wellmont’s occupational health professionals are fully trained and up-to-date on workers’ compensation laws and provide a broad range of occupational medicine services.
- Initial treatment and follow-up care of work-related injuries
- Employer contact throughout the process
- Convenient referral to specialists as needed
- Injury case management
- Cumulative injury tracking and reporting
- Return-to-work examinations
- Impairment rating
- Light-duty recommendations when appropriate
Convenient locations and access
Wellmont offers convenient occupational medicine locations throughout the Tri-Cities region of Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. And because these occupational health facilities are part of the Wellmont system of care, patients can seamlessly access diagnostic, laboratory and treatment programs at Wellmont hospitals or other medical facilities when needed.
- Abingdon, 276-619-0075
- Bristol, 423-844-3360
- Johnson City, 423-282-0751
- Kingsport, 423-224-5126
- Norton, 276-679-6099
- Rogersville, 423-921-7275