Hearing is one of a person’s most precious senses – but accident, disease or simply the passing of time can sometimes cause auditory damage. Wellmont’s experienced audiology professionals use the latest technology to diagnose and treat factors that can lead to hearing loss. These audiology experts can also help recommend a course of action if necessary.
Hearing loss warning signs
Hearing loss is gradual in most people. There are several common situations in which a person might benefit from a comprehensive hearing evaluation.
- Exposure to high noise levels - factory machinery, firearms or power tools - without adequate ear protection
- Nervousness, tenseness, irritability or fatigue from the effort to hear
- Inclination to believe that “everybody mumbles”
- Straining to understand conversations in social settings or at work
- Frequently misunderstanding people or needing to have things repeated
Visit our Video Library to watch, learn and connect.
Be inspired by our rehabilitation patients.