Pre-Admission for Surgical Procedures
Prior to your surgery, an admissions counselor will need to collect important information from you on special pre-admission forms.
If you have a living will and/or durable power of attorney, please bring them with you to your pre-admission surgical consult.
While we will collect information about you before your surgery, we want to provide you with information as well. Wellmont Health System is dedicated to having informed consent. We want you to know exactly what to expect. You deserve to know:
- What your surgery will entail
- Why it is being performed
- Any risks involved in surgery
- Risks that may be incurred by not having surgery performed
- Other options available to you
If you need more information, please call the Wellmont Nurse Connection at 1-877-230-NURSE.