Wellmont Hold Blood Drives At Area Organizations
Wellmont Health System's Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
- Monday, June 16, 1-4 p.m., Friendship Ford, Bristol
- Tuesday, June 17, 6:30-10:30 a.m., Baldor Dodge, Rogersville
- Tuesday, June 17, 8-11 a.m., Sam Dong, Rogersville
- Tuesday, June 17, noon -3 p.m., Hawkins County Memorial Hospital, Rogersville
- Tuesday, June 17, noon-3 p.m., TRW Automotive, Rogersville
- Tuesday, June 17, noon-4 p.m., Indian Path Medical Center, Kingsport
- Wednesday, June 18, 9 a.m.-noon, Advanced Home Care, Kingsport
- Wednesday, June 18, 9 a.m.-noon, Wellmont Health System corporate office, Kingsport
- Wednesday, June 18, noon-5 p.m., Hancock County Hospital, Sneedville
- Wednesday, June 18, 1:30-4:30 p.m., Frontier Health corporate office, Gray
- Wednesday, June 18, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., OfficeMax, Bonham Road, Bristol, Virginia
- Thursday, June 19, noon-6 p.m., Sycamore Shoals Hospital, Elizabethton
- Thursday, June 19, 1-5 p.m., DoubleTree by Hilton, Johnson City
- Friday, June 20, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Bristol Regional Medical Center, Walnut and Willow rooms, Bristol
- Friday, June 20, 8-11 a.m., Honda, Kingsport
- Friday, June 20, noon-3 p.m., Preston Place, Kingsport
- Friday, June 20, 1-6 p.m., Masonic Lodge, No. 318, Richlands, Virginia
For more than 65 years, Marsh Regional has supplied blood to healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and Marsh Regional urges people to give here and help here.
All blood donors are invited to celebrate World Blood Donor Day on Friday, June 13. Marsh Regional will host cookouts and donor celebrations at its Kingsport and Bristol collection centers to show its appreciation.
Blood donations are especially important in the summer because activities during this season tend to carry a risk for injury. Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at Marsh Regional's collection centers: 111 W. Stone Drive, Suite 300, Kingsport, and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-408-7500, 423-652-0014 or 276-679-4669 or visit www.marshblood.com.