Wellmont To Hold Blood Drives At Area Organizations
Wellmont Health System’s
Marsh Regional Blood Center will
conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
- Monday, Jan. 20, 9 a.m.-noon, Signature HealthCARE,
- Monday, Jan. 20, 1-4 p.m., TRW Automotive, Rogersville
- Tuesday, Jan. 21, 7 a.m.-noon, BAE Systems, Kingsport
- Tuesday, Jan. 21, 1-4 p.m., Lee Health & Rehab Center,
Pennington Gap, Va.
- Tuesday, Jan. 21, 1-6 p.m., Valley View Freewill Baptist
Church, Clintwood, Va.
- Wednesday, Jan. 22, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., University of
Virginia-Wise, Cantrell Hall, Wise, Va.
- Thursday, Jan. 23, 9-11:30 a.m., Wise County Courthouse,
- Thursday, Jan. 23, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., National College of
Business and Technology, Bristol
- Thursday, Jan. 23, 1-4 p.m., Lowe’s, Wise, Va.
- Thursday, Jan. 23, 2-5 p.m., Chick-fil-A, Gate City Highway,
- Thursday, Jan. 23, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., The Village at Allandale,
- Friday, Jan. 24, 7:45 a.m.-2 p.m., Dobyns-Bennett High
For more than 60 years, Marsh Regional has supplied blood to
healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. As many as
three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and all donations
stay local to help people in this region.
Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly
welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old,
weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore
throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at
Marsh Regional’s collection centers: 111 W. Stone Drive, Kingsport, and 1996 W.
State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a
local business, church, school or community organization, please call
423-408-7500 or 276-679-4669 or visit www.marshblood.com.