Wellmont To Hold Blood Drives At Area Organizations
Wellmont Health System's Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
- Monday, Jan. 27, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Eastside High School, Coeburn, Va.
- Monday, Jan. 27, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Thomas Walker High School, Ewing, Va.
- Tuesday, Jan. 28, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m., Scott County Career and Technical Center, Gate City, Va.
- Tuesday, Jan. 28, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Mullican Flooring, Norton, Va.
- Wednesday, Jan. 29, 8:30-11:30 a.m., Bristol Metals, Bristol
- Wednesday, Jan. 29, 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Cumberland Mountain Community Services, Cedar Bluff, Va.
- Thursday, Jan. 30, 8 a.m.-noon, Holliston, Church Hill
- Thursday, Jan. 30, 8 a.m.-12:45 p.m., CenturyLink, Sixth Street, Bristol
- Thursday, Jan. 30, noon-7:30 p.m., Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport
- Friday, Jan. 31, 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport
- Friday, Jan. 31, 10:30 a.m.-noon, Southwest Virginia Regional Jail, Duffield, Va.
- Friday, Jan. 31, 1-6 p.m., Hotel Norton, Norton, Va.
- Friday, Jan. 31, 1:30-5 p.m., VFP Concrete, Duffield, Va.
- Saturday, Feb. 1, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Julia Davis Collection Center, Kingsport
- Saturday, Feb. 1, 2-5:30 p.m., East Tennessee State University minidome, Johnson City
For more than 60 years, Marsh Regional has supplied blood to healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and all donations stay local to help people in this region.
Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at Marsh Regional's collection centers: 111 W. Stone Drive, Kingsport, and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-408-7500 or 276-679-4669 or visit www.marshblood.com.