Wellmont To Hold Blood Drives At Area Organizations Week of 2/3
Wellmont Health System's Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
- Monday, Feb. 3, 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Cherokee High School, Rogersville
- Monday, Feb. 3, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Preston Place, Kingsport
- Tuesday, Feb. 4, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Domtar, Kingsport
- Tuesday, Feb. 4, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Clintwood High School, Clintwood, Va.
- Wednesday, Feb. 5, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Northeast State Community College, Blountville
- Wednesday, Feb. 5, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Mountain View Regional Medical Center, Norton, Va.
- Thursday, Feb. 6, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Wise, Va.
- Thursday, Feb. 6, 2-6:30 p.m., East Tennessee State University minidome, Johnson City
- Thursday, Feb. 6, 4-7:30 p.m., South Holston Ruritan Club, Bristol
- Friday, Feb. 7, 7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Sullivan North High School, Kingsport
- Friday, Feb. 7, 8 a.m.-noon, Strongwell, Bristol, Va.
- Saturday, Feb. 8, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Black Wolf Harley-Davidson, Bristol, Va.
For more than 60 years, Marsh Regional has supplied blood to healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and all donations stay local to help people in this region.
Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at Marsh Regional's collection centers: 111 W. Stone Drive, Kingsport, and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-408-7500 or 276-679-4669 or visit www.marshblood.com.