Wellmont To Hold Blood Drives At Area Organizations
Wellmont Health System’s
Marsh Regional Blood Center will
conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
- Monday, March 10, 7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Daniel Boone High
- Monday, March 10, 8:30-11:30 a.m., Department of Mines,
Minerals and Energy, Big Stone Gap, Va.
- Monday, March 10, 1-4 p.m., Lonesome Pine Hospital, Big
Stone Gap, Va.
- Wednesday, March 12, 8 a.m.-noon, Tri-Cities Regional
- Wednesday, March 12, 2:30-7 p.m., St. Anne’s Catholic
Church, Bristol, Va.
- Wednesday, March 12, 4-8 p.m., New Victory Baptist Church,
- Thursday, March 13, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., McMillin Eyecare and
Smoky Mountain Home Health and Hospice, Kingsport
- Thursday, March 13, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Office Max, Bristol, Va.
- Thursday, March 13, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Big Stone Gap, Va.
- Friday, March 14, 8-11 a.m., Honda Kingsport, Kingsport
- Friday, March 14, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Bristol Regional Medical
Center, Walnut and Willow rooms, Bristol
- Friday, March 14, noon-3 p.m., Holston Manor, Kingsport
- Saturday, March 15, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Army National Guard, Gate
For more than 65 years, Marsh Regional has supplied blood to
healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. As many as
three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and all donations
stay local to help people in this region.
Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly
welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
Those who donate during March will receive a free Marsh
Madness T-shirt while supplies last.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old,
weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore
throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not
donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at
Marsh Regional’s collection centers: 111 W. Stone Drive, Suite 300, Kingsport,
and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a
local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-408-7500
or 276-679-4669 or visit www.marshblood.com.