Wellmont To Hold Blood Drives At Area Organizations
Wellmont Health System’s
Marsh Regional Blood Center will
conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
- Monday, March 17, 1-5 p.m., Manitowoc Foodservice, Piney
- Monday, March 17, 2-6:30 p.m., The Wellness Center, Johnson
- Tuesday, March 18, 9 a.m.-noon, Home Shopping Network, Piney
- Tuesday, March 18, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tazewell Community
Hospital, Tazewell, Va.
- Wednesday, March 19, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Norton Community
Hospital, Norton, Va.
- Wednesday, March 19, 5-8 p.m., First Baptist Church, Gate
- Wednesday, March 19, 5-8 p.m., Our Saviour Lutheran Church,
- Thursday, March 20, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Cloudland High
School, Roan Mountain
- Thursday, March 20, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Flatwoods Job Corps,
- Friday, March 21, 6-9 a.m., Snap-on, Elizabethton
- Friday, March 21, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., J.I. Burton High School, Norton,
- Friday, March 21, 1:30-4:30 p.m., Snap-on, Elizabethton
For more than 65 years, Marsh Regional has supplied blood to
healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. As many as
three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and Marsh Regional
urges people to give here and help here.
Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly
welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
Those who donate during March will receive a free Marsh
Madness T-shirt while supplies last.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old,
weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore
throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate.
Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at
Marsh Regional’s collection centers: 111 W. Stone Drive, Suite 300, Kingsport,
and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a
local business, church, school or community organization, please call
423-408-7500 or 276-679-4669 or visit www.marshblood.com.