Wellmont To Hold Blood Drives At Area Organizations
Wellmont Health System's Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
- Monday, March 24, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Buchanan County Technology and Career Center, Grundy, Va.
- Monday, March 24, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., East Tennessee State University, Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy, Mountain Home
- Tuesday, March 25, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Alpha Natural Resources, Bristol, Va.
- Wednesday, March 26, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Grundy High School, Grundy, Va.
- Wednesday, March 26, 4-8 p.m., Mount Carmel United Methodist Church, Mount Carmel
- Thursday, March 27, 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Unicoi County High School, Erwin
- Thursday, March 27, noon-7:30 p.m., Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport
- Friday, March 28, 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport
- Friday, March 28, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m., Sullivan East High School, Bluff City
For more than 65 years, Marsh Regional has supplied blood to healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and Marsh Regional urges people to give here and help here.
Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
Those who donate during March will receive a free Marsh Madness T-shirt while supplies last.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at Marsh Regional's collection centers: 111 W. Stone Drive, Suite 300, Kingsport, and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-408-7500 or 276-679-4669 or visit www.marshblood.com.