Wellmont To Hold Blood Drives At Area Organizations
Wellmont Health System's Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
- Monday, March 3, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Wise County Career-Technical Center, Wise, Va.
- Tuesday, March 4, 10 a .m.-4 p.m., Buchanan General Hospital, Grundy, Va.
- Tuesday, March 4, noon-5 p.m., Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Mountain Home
- Wednesday, March 5, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Milligan College, Milligan College
- Wednesday, March 5, 2-5 p.m., Wexford House, Kingsport
- Wednesday, March 5, 4-8 p.m., Colonial Heights Baptist Church, Kingsport
- Thursday, March 6, 6-9 a.m., Universal Fibers, Bristol, Va.
- Thursday, March 6, 7-10 a.m., Virginia Department of Transportation, Bristol, Va.
- Thursday, March 6, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Wise, Va.
- Thursday, March 6, 2-5 p.m., Universal Fibers, Bristol, Va.
- Friday, March 7, 7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Sullivan Central High School, Blountville
- Friday, March 7, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., City Hall, Rogersville
- Friday, March 7, 2-6 p.m., Walmart, Rogersville
For more than 65 years, Marsh Regional has supplied blood to healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and all donations stay local to help people in this region.
Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
Donors who give before Friday, March 7, will be entered to win a four-day, three-night trip to the Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas. The prize package includes tickets, passes to the televised taping, deluxe lodging at the MGM Grand and airfare.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at Marsh Regional's collection centers: 111 W. Stone Drive, Suite 300, Kingsport, and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-408-7500 or 276-679-4669 or visit www.marshblood.com.