Wellmont To Hold Blood Drives At Area Organizations
Wellmont Health System's Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
- Monday, April 14, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Honaker High School, Honaker, Va.
- Monday, April 14, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Council High School, Honaker, Va.
- Tuesday, April 15, 7-11 a.m., Kingsport Public Works Department, Kingsport
- Tuesday, April 15, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Northeast State Community College, Blountville
- Tuesday, April 15, noon-4 p.m., Northeast State Community College, Kingsport
- Wednesday, April 16, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Russell County Career & Technology Center, Lebanon, Va.
- Wednesday, April 16, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Southwest Virginia Community College, Cedar Bluff, Va.
- Thursday, April 17, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Tennessee High School, Bristol
- Thursday, April 17, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Morgan McClure Chevrolet GMC, Castlewood, Va.
- Thursday, April 17, noon-6 p.m., Sycamore Shoals Hospital, Elizabethton
- Thursday, April 17, 3-6 p.m., Food City, St. Paul, Va.
- Friday, April 18, 7:45 a.m.-2 p.m., Dobyns-Bennett High School, Kingsport
For more than 65 years, Marsh Regional has supplied blood to healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and Marsh Regional urges people to give here and help here.
In addition to supplying blood to 17 medical facilities, Marsh Regional distributes scholarships to deserving high school students. Marsh Regional will hold a golf tournament on Friday, April 25, at Warrior's Path Golf Course in Kingsport to raise additional funds for the scholarship program. Please call 423-408-7500 to register or obtain more information.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at Marsh Regional's collection centers: 111 W. Stone Drive, Suite 300, Kingsport, and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-408-7500 or 276-679-4669 or visit www.marshblood.com.