Wellmont To Hold Blood Drives At Area Organizations
Wellmont Health System’s
Marsh Regional Blood Center will
conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
- Monday, May 12, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Haysi High School, Haysi, Va.
- Monday, May 12, 3-7 p.m., Mafair United Methodist Church,
- Tuesday, May 13, 9 a.m.-noon, Home Shopping Network, Piney
- Tuesday, May 13, 10 a.m.-noon, Lowe’s, Claypool Hill, Va.
- Tuesday, May 13, 1:30-5 p.m., Jennmar, Cedar Bluff, Va.
- Wednesday, May 14, 8 a.m.-noon, Tri-Cities Regional Airport,
- Wednesday, May 14, 2:30-7 p.m., St. Anne’s Catholic Church,
- Wednesday, May 14, 4-8 p.m., First Baptist Church, Kingsport
- Thursday, May 15, 1-4 p.m., AGC Flat Glass-Greenland, Church
- Thursday, May 15, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Coeburn, Va.
- Friday, May 16, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Dickenson County Career
Center, Clincho, Va.
- Friday, May 16, 1-5 p.m., John M. Reed Health and Rehab,
- Sunday, May 18, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Highlands Fellowship,
For more than 65 years, Marsh Regional has supplied blood to
healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. As many as
three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and Marsh Regional
urges people to give here and help here.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old,
weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore
throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not
donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at
Marsh Regional’s collection centers: 111 W. Stone Drive, Suite 300, Kingsport,
and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a
local business, church, school or community organization, please call
423-408-7500, 423-652-0014 or 276-679-4669 or visit www.marshblood.com.