Wellmont To Hold Blood Drives At Area Organizations
Wellmont Health System's Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
- Monday, June 23, 1:30-6 p.m., Steel Fab, Lebanon, Virginia
- Tuesday, June 24, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Cooper Standard Automotive, Surgoinsville
- Tuesday, June 24, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Hutchinson Sealing Systems, Church Hill
- Tuesday, June 24, 6-10 a.m., Mundet, Surgoinsville
- Wednesday, June 25, 5-8 p.m., Bloomingdale Baptist Church, Kingsport
- Wednesday, June 25, 2-5 p.m., Dominion Power, Virginia City, Virginia
- Thursday, June 26, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Pennington Gap, Virginia
- Thursday, June 26, 4:30-9 p.m., Roan Highlands Nursing Center, Roan Mountain
- Thursday, June 26, noon-7:30 p.m., Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport
- Friday, June 27, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Dickenson County Department of Social Services, Clintwood, Virginia
- Friday, June 27, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Kingsport Water Department, Kingsport
- Friday, June 27, 2-6:30 p.m., Serco, Clintwood, Virginia
- Friday, June 27, 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport
For more than 65 years, Marsh Regional has supplied blood to healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and Marsh Regional urges people to give here and help here.
Blood donations are especially important in the summer because activities during this season tend to carry a risk for injury. Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at Marsh Regional's collection centers: 111 W. Stone Drive, Suite 300, Kingsport, and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-408-7500, 423-652-0014 or 276-679-4669 or visit www.marshblood.com.