Wellmont To Hold Blood Drives At Area Organizations
Wellmont Health System's Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
- Monday, June 30, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Cooper Standard, Surgoinsville
- Monday, June 30, 1-4 p.m., Friendship Hyundai, Johnson City
- Monday, June 30, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Medical Care, Elizabethton
- Monday, June 30, 6-10 a.m., Mundet, Surgoinsville
- Tuesday, July 1, 8:30-11 a.m., Charter Communications, Blountville
- Tuesday, July 1, noon-3 p.m., Greystone Healthcare, Blountville
- Tuesday, June 1, 1-4 p.m., Wellmont Madison House, Kingsport
- Wednesday, July 2, 1-5 p.m., Appalachian Christian Village, Sherwood Community, Johnson City
- Wednesday, July 2, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Northeast State Community College, Blountville
- Thursday, July 3, 1-3 p.m., Appalachian Christian Village, Maple Crest Community, Johnson City
- Thursday, July 3, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Wise, Virginia
- Thursday, July 3, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., The Village at Allandale, Kingsport
- Saturday, July 5, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Julia Davis Collection Center, Kingsport
For more than 65 years, Marsh Regional has supplied blood to healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and Marsh Regional urges people to give here and help here.
Blood donations are especially important in the summer because activities during this season tend to carry a risk for injury. Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at Marsh Regional's collection centers: 111 W. Stone Drive, Suite 300, Kingsport, and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-408-7500, 423-652-0014 or 276-679-4669 or visit www.marshblood.com.