Wellmont To Hold Blood Drives At Area Organizations
Wellmont Health System's Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days.
- Monday, July 21, 8:30-11:30 a.m., Church Hill Health Care and Rehab, Church Hill
- Monday, July 21, 1-4 p.m., Signature Health Care, Rogersville
- Monday, July 21, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., O'Reilly Auto Parts, Mt. Carmel
- Tuesday, July 22, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Domtar, Kingsport
- Tuesday, July 22, 4-8 p.m., Western & Southern Life, Kingsport
- Tuesday, July 22, 1-6 p.m., Valley View Freewill Baptist Church, Clintwood, Virginia
- Wednesday, July 23, noon-3 p.m., Bank of Tennessee, Blountville
- Wednesday, July 23, 2-7 p.m., St. Anne's Catholic Church, Bristol, Virginia
- Wednesday, July 23, 8-11 a.m., Tri-Cities Regional Airport, Blountville
- Wednesday, July 23, 1-5 p.m., Tulsa Dental Products, Johnson City
- Thursday, July 24, noon-7:30 p.m., Holston Valley Medical Center, emergency room annex, Kingsport
- Thursday, July 24, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., University of Virginia-Wise, Student Center parking, Wise, Virginia
- Friday, July 25, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Wellmont CVA Heart Institute, Abingdon, Virginia
- Friday, July 25, 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Holston Valley Medical Center, emergency room annex, Kingsport
- Friday, July 25, 1-4 p.m., The Robinette Company, Piney Flats
- Saturday, July 26, 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Anderson Street Park, Bristol
For more than 65 years, Marsh Regional has supplied blood to healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and Marsh Regional urges people to give here and help here.
Blood donations are especially important in the summer because activities during this season tend to carry a risk for injury. Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at Marsh Regional's collection centers: 111 W. Stone Drive, Suite 300, Kingsport, and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-408-7500, 423-652-0014 or 276-679-4669 or visit www.marshblood.com.