Wellmont To Hold Blood Drives At Area Organizations
Wellmont Health System's Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
- Monday, July 28, 8 a.m.-noon, Joy Mining Machinery, Duffield, Virginia
- Monday, July 28, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Medical Care of Johnson City, Johnson City
- Tuesday, July 29, 8:30-11:30 a.m., Bristol Metals, Bristol
- Tuesday, July 29, 6-8 p.m., DeVault Memorial Stadium, Bristol, Virginia
- Tuesday, July 29, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Council High School, Honaker, Virginia
- Wednesday, July 30, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Wellmont Cancer Institute, Kingsport
- Wednesday, July 30, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tazewell Community Hospital, Tazewell, Virginia
- Wednesday, July 30, 8:30 a.m.-noon, Volunteer High School, Church Hill
- Thursday, July 31, 8 a.m.-12:45 p.m., CenturyLink, Bristol
- Thursday, July 31, noon-4 p.m., Sullivan County Highway Department, Blountville
- Thursday, July 31, 1-5 p.m., Wellmont CVA Heart Institute, Kingsport
- Thursday, July 31, 8:30-11:30 a.m., Wise County Social Services Department, Wise, Virginia
- Friday, August 1, 1-4 p.m., Heritage Hall Healthcare and Rehabilitation Centers, Big Stone Gap, Virginia
- Friday, August 1, 8 a.m.-noon, Strongwell, Bristol, Virginia
- Friday, August 1, 9-11:30 a.m., Wellmont Medical Associates, Big Stone Gap, Virginia
- Saturday, August 2, noon-3 p.m., Grand Home Furnishings, Bristol, Virginia
- Saturday, August 2, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Julia Davis Collection Center, Kingsport
- Saturday, August 2, 7-11 a.m., Kingsport Farmer's Market, Kingsport
For more than 65 years, Marsh Regional has supplied blood to healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and Marsh Regional urges people to give here and help here.
Blood donations are especially important in the summer because activities during this season tend to carry a risk for injury. Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at Marsh Regional's collection centers: 111 W. Stone Drive, Suite 300, Kingsport, and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-408-7500, 423-652-0014 or 276-679-4669 or visit www.marshblood.com.