Wellmont Madison House
Wellmont Madison House, a non-profit
service of Wellmont Health System, is the region’s only
healthcare-affiliated assisted living residence, adult day care center
and short-term overnight care program.
Plan for the Future
The occasion may come when assisted
living, adult day care services or short-term overnight care is
necessary for you or a family member. Our programs are designed for the
elderly, mid-life adults with chronic illnesses and for those who just
If you are a caregiver, the services we
provide will enable you to take care of yourself while knowing that your
loved one is being cared for.
Assisted Living - Aging in the right place
- Suite I is designed for one resident and consists of a combination living/bedroom area, private full bath and kitchenette.
- Suite II is a deluxe suite designed for one resident with a separate living and bedroom area, private bath and kitchenette.
- Suite III is a deluxe suite designed for two residents with a separate living and bedroom area, private bath and kitchenette.
The facility features:
- Accommodations for 29 residents
- Staff supervision and access to 24-hour personal assistance
- Three meals a day in the dining room
- On-site hair services and laundry facilities
- Security door entry and exit system
- Cordless emergency nurse call system
- Allows privacy but encourages socialization
- Church services, pet therapy, exercise programs, Bingo, holiday
festivities, visits to area restaurants and parks via
- A team of professionals to provide health assessments and licensed nurses to administer medications
- Two staff members on duty at all times
Adult Day Care Services - Making a difference one day at a time
Monday–Friday, 7:45 a.m.– 4:00 p.m.
- Provides caregivers a day of rest, opportunity to continue working, time for family commitments, etc.
- Services and programs designed for ages 18+ with chronic illnesses and disabilities
- Participants attend our programs during the day, enjoy our homelike atmosphere and return home in the evening
- Assistance at mealtime and snacks, personal care and on-site hair services
- Structured activities (both indoor and outdoor) that promote independence and self-expression
- A professional, caring and trained staff
- Medication administration according to physician’s orders
- Wander protection system
- Ongoing support for caregivers
- Arrangements for city and county transportation
- Visits to area events, restaurants and parks
- Veterans’ contract
Short-Term Overnight Care - Allowing for peace of mind while away from home
Services available to assisted living residents are also available to those in Short-Term Overnight Care:
- An opportunity for post-hospitalization recuperation before returning to activities of daily living
- An opportunity for caregivers to schedule weekend or vacation breaks from caregiving responsibilities
- Allows caregivers time for other family, business or professional commitment