Accredited Weight-Loss Center
at Holston Valley Medical Center
The Comprehensive Weight Management Center and Holston Valley Medical Center, in collaboration with Surgical Associates of Kingsport, have been accredited by the
American College of Surgeons and the
American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
What does MBSAQIP accreditation mean?
MBSAQIP is the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program. By accrediting bariatric surgical centers, MBSAQIP is working to advance safe, high-quality care for bariatric surgery patients.
A bariatric surgical center achieves accreditation following a rigorous review process during which it proves that it can maintain certain physical resources, human resources and high practice standards. Bariatric surgery accreditation not only promotes uniform standard benchmarks, but also supports continuous quality improvement.
The Comprehensive Weight Management Center team
Your team at the
Comprehensive Weight Management Center includes:
- Experienced board-certified bariatric surgeons
- Board-certified nurse practitioner – to collaborate with your team of surgeons for medical care and help facilitate your progress
- Licensed practical nurse insurance referral coordinator and clinical assistant – to help you navigate insurance requirements and program steps
- Registered dietitian – to help you make the best and most nutritious food choices as you begin down the road to your new life
- Hospital physicians and staff members who are experienced and knowledgeable about weight-loss surgery