Weight-Loss Center of Excellence
Holston Valley Medical Center and the Comprehensive Weight Management Center, in collaboration with Surgical Associates of Kingsport, have been designated by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence.
Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery – or ASMBS – established a Centers of Excellence program to accredit those bariatric centers that consistently deliver optimal levels of performance and demonstrate exceptional patient outcomes. This program promotes patient safety, patient advocacy, and continuous improvement.
Surgical Review Corporation administered the Centers of Excellence Program and described it as follows:
“Hospitals and surgeons qualify for designation as an American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence® (BSCOE) by participating in a rigorous evaluation process designed to document that they have a comprehensive program and meet the established program requirements for providing safe bariatric surgical care with excellent short- and long-term outcomes. The evaluation not only documents process, i.e., equipment, supplies, training of surgeons and staff and the availability of consultant services — but emphasizes results.”
Your team at the Comprehensive Weight Management Center includes:
- Experienced board-certified bariatric surgeons
- A board-certified nurse practitioner – to collaborate with your team of surgeons for medical care and help facilitate your progress
- A licensed practical nurse insurance referral coordinator and clinical assistant – to help you navigate insurance requirements and program steps
- A registered dietitian – to help you make the best and most nutritious food choices as you begin down the road to your new life
- Hospital physicians and staff members who are experienced and knowledgeable about weight-loss surgery