Do you need a physician referral? Nurse Connection
Having Surgery? Click here for information
Do you have questions about your bill? Call (423) 844-4500
Looking for general health information? Nurse Connection
Your privacy is important to us. Our Notice of Privacy Practices describes how we may use your medical information. Our Authorization form allows you to direct us in providing this same information to others if you have a specific need that is not covered in our Notice of Privacy Practices. We follow applicable federal and state guidelines to maintain the confidentiality of your medical information.
Wellmont Health System is dedicated to providing you with a positive healthcare experience. As a patient in one of our hospitals, we promise you not only the highest quality medical services in the region but also an environment of safety, comfort and caring.
To help us serve you better, please read the following patient guidelines.
As a patient in a Wellmont Health System hospital, we recommend you bring:
- A list of phone numbers of family and friends
- Insurance cards
- Important documents such as living will and durable power of attorney
- A list of medications you take, both over-the-counter and prescription
Always follow any instructions you have received from your doctor about eating or drinking before you check into the hospital.
To add to your comfort during you stay, we also suggest you bring:
- Comfortable clothing without metal zippers or snaps
- Warm socks and/or slippers
- Toiletries-- toothbrush, toothpaste and favorite soap and lotion
- Books or magazines
- Knitting, crocheting or other hobby items
- Journal or paper and pen for notes and letters
- If your visit will be longer than a few days, you may enjoy having family pictures (or pictures drawn by children or grandchildren) nearby
During your stay:
- Smoking is prohibited in all of our facilities. To make your stay more comfortable, we have tobacco cessation aids available. Please talk to your physician to determine if one of these aids might be helpful to you
- Keep eyeglasses, contact lenses, dentures and hearing aids in protected containers when you are not wearing them. Please write your name on all containers
- Please leave jewelry and any other valuables at home. If you do bring a valuable item, it should be sent home with a family member or friend
After your visit:
Feedback from our patients helps us gauge the quality of service we provide. After you are discharged, you may be contacted by Press Ganey Associates, the healthcare industry’s leading independent vendor of satisfaction measurement and improvement services, to rate your experience with us. Your participation in this survey helps us continue to provide you the best care.