Need a physician referral?
Contact Nurse Connection.
Learn what to expect before, during and after your procedure.
Billing or insurance question?
Call our Patient Financial Services department – 423-408-7400 or 888-288-5174.
Looking for general health information?
Contact Nurse Connection.
Feedback about quality of care or patient safety?
Should you have a concern about patient safety or the quality of care that cannot be addressed by the hospital staff, please feel free to:
Your privacy is important to us. Our Notice of Privacy Practices describes how we may use your medical information. Our Authorization form allows you to direct us in providing this same information to others if you have a specific need that is not covered in our Notice of Privacy Practices. We follow applicable federal and state guidelines to maintain the confidentiality of your medical information.
Wellmont Health System is dedicated to providing you with a positive health care experience. As a patient in one of our hospitals, we promise you not only the highest quality medical services in the region but also an environment of safety, comfort and caring. To help us serve you better, please read the following patient guidelines.
Before you come
Always follow any instructions you have received from your doctor about eating or drinking before you check into the hospital.
What to bring
- A list of phone numbers of family and friends
- Insurance cards
- Important documents such as living will and durable power of attorney
- A list of medications you take, both over-the-counter and prescription
For your comfort, we also suggest you also bring:
- Comfortable clothing without metal zippers or snaps
- Warm socks and/or slippers
- Toiletries – toothbrush, toothpaste and favorite soap and lotion
- Books or magazines
- Knitting, crocheting or other hobby items
- Journal or paper and pen for notes and letters
- Family pictures or pictures drawn by children or grandchildren – always nice to have nearby if your visit will be longer than a few days
What not to bring
- Jewelry and any other valuables should be left at home. If you do bring a valuable item, we recommend you send it home with a family member or friend.
During your stay
- Smoking is prohibited in all Wellmont facilities. To make your stay more comfortable, we have tobacco cessation aids available. Please talk to your physician to determine if one of these aids might be helpful to you.
- Keep eyeglasses, contact lenses, dentures and hearing aids in protected containers when you are not wearing them. Please write your name on all containers.
After your visit
Feedback from our patients helps us gauge the quality of service we provide. After you are discharged, you may be contacted by a third party to rate your experience with us. Your participation in this survey helps us continue to provide you the best care.